Disability Awareness Training
Having access and inclusivity as a core part of any service delivery can truly offer a service that meets the needs of their clients and empowers deaf and disabled people.
Our skilled and experienced disability trainers can work with your team to provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to improve your organisations understanding of disability. We can work with you to identify what this means to your organisation and how to empower you to deliver a genuinely accessible service.
Our approachable team work hard to create a safe and enjoyable learning environment where people can learn from real life experiences and ask questions without judgement.
All of our training courses are tailored to the needs of the organisation, so do get in touch to arrange the best training for you.
Our sessions include:
An understanding of:
- Disability discrimination
- The Equality Act
- The social model of disability
- Common misconceptions about disabled people
- How to talk about disability – terminology, Jargon and language to use and to avoid
- Deaf awareness
- An opportunity to learn some Basic British Sign Language
- Learning Disabilities
- Visual Impairment
- How to make your service more accessible
- Reasonable Adjustments
- The support that is available for disabled people.
- Question time – an opportunity to ask questions and seek advice
Some of our amazing clients include
5 Craigie Drive