Specialist Support Professional for Students with Sensory Impairment – Vision Impairment (VI)
Complete Communication Ltd provides academic support to students in receipt of Disabled Student Allowance (DSA). We are passionate about providing high-quality support workers who can help to make a difference to our students studying higher education courses throughout the UK.
With recent and continued expansion, we are looking to expand the wealth of knowledge that we have with highly qualified and experienced specialist support staff. The role that we are currently looking for is a Specialist Support Professional for Students with Sensory Impairment – Vision Impairment (VI).
As a qualified teacher you will be able to communicate with individuals that are visually impaired in a fluent and fluid way. You will also be required to work with students on a one to one basis to provide study skills support.
You will be building a personal relationship with your students and they will put a level of trust in you as they progress through their studies. The frequency and length of the students sessions will vary with their needs and demands throughout their studies. As part of your role you will identify the most appropriate support pattern and style with the student.
All candidates will have in-depth knowledge in supporting an individual with a particular disability whilst also being able to draw from experience.
An understanding of the demands associated with higher education study will be demonstrated. Relationships inside and outside of the institution will be maintained in order to establish a close working relationship with other support services the student maybe using, as well as allowing recognition for when and if there is a need to refer to other services.
All candidates must possess one of the following qualifications to be considered by Complete Communication Ltd.
- Advisory Teacher for Students with Vision Impairments
- Advisory Teacher for Students with Multi-Sensory Impairments
- Teaching qualification plus specialist qualification in relevant subject:
– Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
– Certificate of Education (Cert Ed)
– Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (DELTA) Level 7
– DTTLS (Diploma in teaching in the lifelong learning sector)
– Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE/PgCert.ED)
– Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Primary Education
– Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Post Primary education
– Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE)
– Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP)
– Postgraduate Certificates in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
– Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
– Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills (QTLS)
– Diploma in Education & Training (DET)
– Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (PGCTLHE)
Our support professionals offer
For this specific role, successful applicants will receive
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free CPD accredited online training in relevant topics
- Flexible working patterns
The working hours vary according to the needs of the student and their academic timetable. All support workers are paid on a self-employed basis whereby they are responsible for paying their own NI contributions and tax.
We are looking for new and enthusiastic staff to carry the Complete Communication name and provide NMH support in a positive way. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about making further education accessible to all.
This recruitment campaign is ongoing. This role is required UK wide.
Work with us
For information on how to register as a freelancer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the below form. Include your name, contact details, qualification and which role you would like to register as.
show registration form