Communication Support Worker (CSW)
Complete Communication Ltd provides academic support to students in receipt of Disabled Student Allowance (DSA). We are passionate about providing high-quality support workers who can help to make a difference to our students studying higher education courses throughout the UK.
With recent and continued expansion, we are looking to expand the wealth of knowledge that we have with highly qualified and experienced specialist support staff. The role that we are currently looking for is a Communication Support Worker.
In your role you will provide one to one support to individuals who are deaf, disabled or hard of hearing. You will work in classes/lectures facilitating communication and access with deaf learners using a range of strategies and communication modes as appropriate (for example, notetaking, BSL/SSE, Lipspeaking and language modification).
You will need to help students to produce and understand written materials in class, adapting learning materials so that they can be understood more easily. You will be able to provide suggestions to the University or College for ways in which the environment can be improved to make it more accessible for students who use hearing aids or lipread.
All candidates will have in-depth knowledge in supporting an individual with a particular disability whilst also being able to draw from experience.
An understanding of the demands associated with higher education study will be demonstrated. Relationships inside and outside of the institution will be maintained in order to establish a close working relationship with other support services the student maybe using, as well as allowing recognition for when and if there is a need to refer to other services.
All candidates must possess one of the following qualifications to be considered by Complete Communication Ltd:
- Signature Level 3 Certificate in Communication Support for Deaf Learners
- Level 4 Communication Support Worker (University of Greenwich)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Communication Support for Deaf Learners (6259-07)
- A degree in deaf studies
- BTEC Continuing Education Certificate in Caring – Communication Support Work with DeafPeople to June 1997
- Edexcel Professional Development Award – Communication Support Workers with Deaf People from September 1997
- Edexcel Professional Development Award – Communication Support Workers with Deaf Students from September 1998
- BTEC Professional Development Certificate – Caring (Communication Support Worker). Supported and evidenced by CPD in relevant subjects from the past two years.
Those working with a BSL user MUST hold a Level 3 qualification or higher in British Sign Language (BSL) PLUS one of the above CSW qualifications.
Our support professionals offer
For this specific role, successful applicants will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free CPD accredited online training in relevant topics
- Flexible working patterns
The working hours vary according to the needs of the student and their academic timetable. All support workers are paid on a self-employed basis whereby they are responsible for paying their own NI contributions and tax.
We are looking for new and enthusiastic staff to carry the Complete Communication name and provide NMH support in a positive way. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about making further education accessible to all.
This recruitment campaign is ongoing. This role is required UK wide
Work with us
For information on how to register as a freelancer, please contact email@example.com or complete the below form. Include your name, contact details, qualification and which role you would like to register as.
show registration form