At Complete Communication, student support is at the core of everything we do. We pride ourselves on providing a bespoke service to each student to ensure the support meets their individual needs.
We provide high quality support workers to students with disabilities, health conditions or additional learning needs nationwide.
Universities can be assured we provide:
Student support offered via DSA:
- Library Support Assistant
- Workshop/Laboratory Assistant
- Sighted Guide
- Proof Reader/Text Checker
- Study Assistants
- Exam Support Worker
- Mobility Trainer
- Manual Notetaker
- Specialist Notetaker (Deaf/Hard of Hearing students) including Electronic NoteTaker
- Specialist Notetaker for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students – Respeaking
- Specialist Notetaker (VI Students) – including Braille
- Specialist Notetaker for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students – Speech to Text Reporter (STTR)
- Specialist Transcription Service
- Communication Support Worker (CSW)
- Communication Support Worker with British Sign Language Users (CSW-BSL)
- BSL/English Interpreter – Includes Interpreter for the Deaf or Deafblind People
- Specialist Mentor – Mental Health Difficulties (MH)
- Specialist Mentor – Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC)
- Specialist one-to-one Study skills and strategy – Specific learning disability (spLD)
- Specialist one-to-one Study Skills and Strategy Support – Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC)
- Assistive Technology Trainers (AST)
- Specialist Support Professionals for Deaf Students (HI)
- Specialist Support Professional for students with Vision Impairment (VI)
- Specialist Support Professional for students with Multi-sensory impairment (MSI)
Statistics from Client Satisfaction Questionnaire:
*Clients who responded to our survey and agreed or strongly agreed in July 2021
Friendly greeting staff
Our team are happy to
Appropriate for the price
Willing to tailor
Confident we fill
Staff are competent
Allocated the appropriate
Responding to queries
in a timely manner
Client’s satisfaction with us
Clients will continue
- Friendly staff 100% 100%
- Receive high-quality service 100% 100%
- Our team are happy to respond 100% 100%
- Meeting expectations 100% 100%
- Appropriate for the price 100% 100%
- Willing to tailor our services 100% 100%
- Confident we fill all sessions 100% 100%
- Staff are competent 100% 100%
- Allocated the appropriate support professional 100% 100%
- Responding to queries in a timely manner 100% 100%
- Client’s satisfaction with us 100% 100%
- Clients will continue using us 90.9% 90.9%
Mathilda Warner – Fine Art Student who receives Electronic Notetaking Support
‘Complete Communications have provided outstanding support during my first year of my degree course. I very much look forward to working with them from September onwards when I return to college.’
Faye Bullingham - Practice Counselling and Integrative Theory Student who receives Electronic Notetaking Support
‘Having this support has been so good enabling me to access information. They have really tailored their support for me and i am very grateful. They are also very timely with their work. Thank you and keep up the good work.’
Natasha Stones – Access To Work Client who receives Electronic Notetaking and Speech-To-Text Reporting Support
‘Excellent support all across the board!’
Esther Bromley – Sport, Coaching, Health and Fitness Student who received Support from a Specialist Support Professional for Students with a Visual Impairment
‘It was a fantastic help during the course of my foundation degree. I really felt that the support professional did an amazing job, supporting me with my assignments, thank you!!’
Matt Sutton – Early Childhood Studies Student who receives Electronic Notetaking Support and support from a Specialist Support Professional for Deaf Students
‘Above and beyond my expectations, since I first acquired receiving support in September 2019. Very commendable, and highly recommended.’
We are proud to be members of
Our support offering
Through providing a bespoke support provision for our students, we can tailor our support to their needs. With this, we can offer face-to-face and remote support based on their preferences.
2020-2021 has proven to be a year of adjustments for the world, along with our students. Most of our students have received remote support, via Zoom, Teams or alternative platforms during this time and look to continue this way for the 2021-2022 academic year. Be assured however, that we are in regular contact with all our students to ensure that their support preferences are put first.
Some of the support team
Rhiannon Squance - Head of Notetaking
Director, Electronic and Manual Notetaker
Daryl McMullan - Managing Director
Qualified BSL/English Interpreter, Lipspeaker, Electronic Notetaker & Professional Supervisor
Holly Marsden - Client Experience Coordinator
Electronic Notetaker and Course Administrator
Business Support Administrator
Business Support Administrator
What our support professionals think about us
Electronic notetaker (Anonymous)
Working with Complete Communication and the team is such a breeze! They are extremely knowledgeable and always put the students and support professionals first!
I look forward to working with them going forward into the future to improve the standards of higher education support.
Rachael Davies (CSW and TSLI)
It has been a breeze working with your company as the commutation between you, and it has been fantastic. You’re doing a great job, and this is by far the best company I have liaised with as there haven’t been any issues…. which is amazing!!
I always think that it is highly important to praise a good company as they are rare to find within this industry.
I’m looking definitely be interested in working with you all again”.
Katherine Hunt (Assistive Technology Trainer)
Susan Lorrimer - Electronic Notetaker and Specialist Mentor (Autism)
Lisa Kelly, Electronic Notetaker
Patricia Wright, BSL/English Interpreter
Natalie MacWilliams – Electronic Notetaker
Anonymous - experienced captioner
Rachel Roberts - BSL/English Interpreter and Electronic Notetaker
Sally Reynolds – Specialist Support Professional for deaf students
BSL/English Interpreter and Electronic Notetaker
Sula Gleeson, Registered BSL/English Interpreter
Jeni Steatham, Specialist Mentor (ASC)
Martyn Brown, Disability and Dyslexia Advisor at London Metropolitan University
Birkbeck University of London
Paul Guyver - Senior Disability and Dyslexia Advisor
Our students journey
Get in touch with our friendly team:
- Once the student has received their DSA letter which states Complete Communication as their provider, they need to send this and their DSA1 Assessment report to firstname.lastname@example.org or call a member of our team on 01752289776
- Our team will then get in touch the same day to set them up on our industry leading portal and introduce them to their dedicated support team contact.
- They will be sent a copy of our welcome pack electronically, which provides them with information about:
- How to best work with us
- How we will support them to achieve their best
- How their data will be processed relating to GDPR
- We will also ask for gain some vital information to enable us to tailor the support to the students’ needs, such as days and times or support, requirements of support etc.
Matching you to one of our skilled support professionals
- Once all the above information is collected and our skilled support team contact feel that they have a strong understanding of the student’s needs, they will then match the student with a skilled support professional.
- Our team will then make the introductions between the student and the support professional either by phone, email, or a virtual meeting.
- Based on the type of support being received, the sessions will either be added to our portal by our support team or added by the support professional supporting the student. Once added, the student will receive an email confirming the date, time, type of support and support professional’s name.
- Students will be able to log into their individual portal and see all sessions that have occurred and those that are planned.
- Students can also talk via our live chatting system to a member of our support team.
- Once the session has taken place, the support worker will send a timesheet via our online portal and students will receive an email via email@example.com to log into the portal.
- Once logged in students can review, approve/reject and sign online.
- All timesheets and individual learning Plans are stored securely on the portal and can be accessed via the student 24/7/365.
- Our industry leading online portal manages the students allocated budget and it also monitored by our Client Experience Co-ordinator on a weekly basis.
- For support funded by education settings, our Client Experience Co-ordinator will provide weekly, monthly, and yearly budget reports.